View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 06:04 AM
John

Default My PSA Story - *Update*

Okay...Let me start by saying I should have left well enough alone.

In 2003, I sent my 1955 Topps Clemente card to PSA for grading. I had the card for many years, and not knowing much about card grading, was sure I had a high grade card. So it came back PSA 4 and I accepted that.

A few years ago, after finding this board, I learned about SGC and like many, preferred the way cards looked in the SGC holder. Off my Clemente went to SGC. It came back a 50 VG/EX 4. No harm done and it looked great in the SGC holder.

Now in 2011, I decided to start working on a base set of PSA Clemente cards. See where this is going? While making great progress on my set, I decided my 1955 needed to be back in a PSA holder, so I broke it out and submitted it to PSA a couple of weeks ago.

I received my email from PSA stating my submission was complete and in the mail. Roberto received a grade of PSA 3...ugh! Immediately, I wondered what I could do to get my 4 back. (I know this might be laughable to high end collectors)

Yesterday, the mailman delivered my cards. Believe it not, the 1955 holder was damaged. Not very impressive packaging, I might add. I recovered a couple small pieces of loose plastic and the card is fine.

I'll be in touch with PSA tomorrow and I'm sure the card is going back. I'm thinking of taking the opportunity to plead my case regarding the grade history. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should handle and is there anyone in particular I should talk to?

Regards,
John

Last edited by John V; 08-17-2011 at 05:14 AM.