View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 04:04 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

First off to the OP I have to say it is an amazing find. Regardless of players just finding CJ’s in a scrapbook would be an adrenaline rush. Huge Congrats on a nice find of good looking CJ’s. When it comes to vintage cards, Sometimes perfection has errors. Happy collecting.

Soaking a scrapbook page to loosen cards has been done forever in the hobby from the most trusted names to the guys shady as fuq. If it doesn’t come off with plain water then it’s permanent. If you use chemicals or other bio agents to clean, remove, or alter the card in any way then it’s altered.

If the OP decided to soak those cards I would think the black card stock would wreak havoc on the card. Maybe add drops of water to the back of the stock and allow time to soak through. Hopefully once the area is damp, Not Saturated, the card will pop right off and the glue will dry fairly quickly. I would suggest good ole card savers and penny sleeves for storage over grading. If you feel the need to soak and rinse I guess you could. Removing the glue with plain water won’t remove the stain it made and it won’t adversely effect the card in any way it hasn’t already by leaving it on there and not soaking it. You Can’t Soak Away Age in a card with plain water. I can promise you it is impossible without the aid of something additional. If those cards go into a bath to soak it could also leave a film residue on them from the glue breaking down. Not to mention the cards would be more prone to foxing and discoloring after prolonged soaks. It’s reminds me of the “Take this pill to fix your issue. Take these three to fix the side effects from that one”.

Member since 2009