View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 07:42 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
Ryan, what no throwing collage? [emoji14]

Robert, In my opinion everything is cyclical. At this point, everyone seems to only want rare back T206 and is neglecting the fact that the more difficult caramel sets (E105, E104-3, E92 Nadja/Cocoa, etc) have such low pop numbers and simply don't come up for sale. Some of these sets might be somewhat easy to find a type card, but putting a set together is nearly impossible. Meanwhile, the easier sets (E93/E95/E96) might seem too easy to some with the internet and Ebay. I don't think the later E cards were ever quite as popular due to being B&W. Eventually I think the collecting community will realize how difficult some of the E cards can be. As evidence by the group trying to complete the E105 set, it is only going to take 3-5 collectors looking to build sets that will cause the rarer sets to have prices skyrocket again, but until than I'm happy to keep picking up some regardless of condition.

And my latest pickup from tonight to fill in my dirtbag collection
Good points. I don't think I would ever try and complete any of those sets. At most, I might pursue a player collection. I like Hal Chase's cards, but it's been done. Perhaps if I found a player who was a good one but not overly pricey and not already player collected by someone else, I might try that. More likely I would be just picking up a couple of examples of the Nadja/Cocoa backs. I also like the look of the different colored Crofts Candy backs. As much as I like some of the cards from the E93/95/96 sets, I don't want to spend the money it would take to complete those sets. I would rather sample others.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk