View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 06:17 PM
John Wondowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
I'm a big fan of the set.

at first I wasn't keen on the portraits, but have grown to like a lot of them as well.

my first subset attempt was recruit "bat, belt, glove showing" seems like I got within a McKechnie of finishing that. By then I had decided I also liked a lot of the portraits and also read either an article or a post by I think Tim N which suggested that the recruits may have been issued in 2 series, with the 2nd series being a bit tougher.

So, I shifted to a recruit 2nd series subset which included a few portraits. Didn't get as close on that one when life got in the way and I had to stop my pursuit.

Never picked up any broadleafs due to the cost, but I do enjoy most of the the cards in the set (there are definitely some duds though) .

The Speaker is one of my favorite pre-war cards. I believe this one came from Mac of OBC fame.

I typing all this from memory so excuse me if some of the facts or names are off.

Thank you for the backgroud info. I dont believe I've ever seen a Speaker in person - tough, tough card. On the hunt!!!!

Last edited by wondo; 05-16-2019 at 06:19 PM.