View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Steve Birmingham

It's period. The undivided back is the key. Before March 1, 1907 postcards had to have only the address on the postage side by postal regulation.
(you could write on the picture side, or if you sent it as a letter at the letter rate you could write on the address side. )
So nearly all undivided backs are pre 1907. Some real photo postcards aren't divided, but they're the exceptions.

Steve B

Quote:
Originally Posted by square5000 View Post
Hello,
I was going to begin a new thread on a postcard question, but I thought I'd begin here. I recently purchased a team postcard of the 1906 White Sox. It looked familiar (I thought it was the Burke PC), and I bought it on a whim (and probably too quickly).

After I bought it, I looked in the Big Book to learn more about it, but I can't find the exact card. I found another PC that has the same photograph, but it does not say 'White Sox-1906 -American League Champion' at the top. Also, the PC cardboard is thin and a little slick. Not, UV-coated crap slick, but slicker than other pre-war PCs I own.

So, I'm thinking this PC is not from 1906, but most likely from a later time period when PC postage was still 1 cent.

Any help identifying my PC would be most appreciated.

Here are scans:
1906_WhiteSox_PC_front
1906_WhiteSox_PC_back

Thank you!
Peter Baldes