View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 09:20 AM
And.rew Whi.te

Living in Wisconsin one doesnt often run into celebs in the course of normal daily life........unless of course one of them lives among you!

I was on a curvy, country road that rolls along a secluded lake when, as I rounded a sharp curve, I almost ran over a man who was crossing the road to throw out his trash. Lets remember, this is a country road that is barely two car lenghths wide and crossing the road to throw out one's trash is not all that unheard of. I quickly hit my brakes and allowed the older man with white hair and full beard to cross. As the locals are known to do he waved to me as if to say thank you for not making me a part of your front bumper and went abouy his business. It was then that I realized I almost ran over John Mahoney, or as we call him, Frazier's dad from the show Frazier. I rolled down the window and said "sorry for almost running you over John!"

He looked at me, threw his head back with a laugh like he did on Frazier and said "Thats ok" and got into his car.

Being a resort area we have had many pro sports stars walking around town and even a few musicians. We all pretty much leave them alone while gawking from afar! LOL. The cool thing is John Mahoney is always out in the community and it is not unusual to see him at Panera bread and other local restaurants. He certainly seems like a regular guy and the locals usually treat him as such.