View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 03:09 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
I think it's been long enough now (a year or so) for me to say that eBay is a shadow of its former self when it comes to old stuff. I've never done much with cards, but for memorabilia, it seems to have pretty much died. There used to be a steady stream of nice stuff, and even just bottom feeding could get you some great deals on old and fairly rare pieces. Now I see them occasionally, but it's a trickle, nothing like it was. Anybody else see it that way, and if so, what's the explanation? Is "America's Yard Sale" running dry?
Every time those idiots change their focus and alter what non-store sellers can do it drives away more weekend warrior type sellers. Why should I bother with eBay's latest whim and caprice--and pay 13% of the total including on the shipping--when I can consign to an auctioneer who will do all the work for as low as 15% BP and no commission, with no cost to list? I used to sell 95% on eBay 5% on auction houses; the ratio is now around 75% auctioneer 25% eBay and will get even more lopsided now that eBay is mandating auctions only for non-store sellers if a listing fee is to be avoided.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-20-2014 at 03:11 PM.