View Single Post
Old 01-09-2002, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Default jverri01 - more about NASA

Posted By: vorthian

I wish this story was cohesive with the ramblings at the Full Count board some time ago;

-You stated and backed the card being real. Now it's an issue of deception and fraud.

<< Re: I called NASA about the Wagner

Date: 4/26/01
Time: 1:01:14 PM
Remote Name: 130.64.61.15
Comments

Hi, Michael. I am the seller of the card you speak of. First - thank you for making your ignorance so obvious - makes it easier for me to defend myself. ...Whether you agree or disagree with their views on grading, or their accuracy in grading - you can not dispute the fact that they have graded thousands and thousands of vintage cards. This entire process is subjective anyway, "Mike". My investment in this card is signigicant. My belief that it is in fact authentic is based on a simple fact: I had the card evaluated by a close friend, who also happens to grade for a different grading company - one of the big 3, no less (No, not NASA, as clearly, they are not of the big 3). The card is real. It can NEVER be authenticated because it has been trimmed. ...I have extensive docu- mentation from NASA and independent sources which are in writing. Whoever gets this card is getting the real thing, and they are getting it for a steal. There is absolutely NO FRAUD here. ...I am simply offering a card for sale that I have invested money in previously, and would now like to liquidate. Think before you speak. And, maybe try having an open- mind. There are already too many close-minded cave men in this society. >>

-Last April, the card was your "investment". [see aforementioned and the following]

<< Re: T206 Wagner goes begging - Item #1147913832

Date: 6/1/01
Time: 1:11:39 PM
Remote Name: 130.64.61.15
Comments

Yes, I did contact you. And, yes, I have had offers. These offers were all lower than what I actually have invested in the card. Why is that so difficult for you to accept? And - by the way - why not use your real identity when corresponding? To use stealth identities doesn't exactly support your inference as being credible about the authenticity of vintage cards. If one is knowledgeable, it is not something that is easily hidden. Ignorance, however - is painfully obvious. Thank you for making such a fine example of it for us all. >>

-In June and now, the card was "consigned".

Ahh, the contradictions.