Thread: Personal Safety
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 07:12 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Most thieves will look in the obvious places- bookshelves, closet shelves, freezers, top drawer of a bureau and the such. I use my laundry hamper. It does not hold a lot, but it is good for a decent number of small items. I line mine with a trash bag, but you could also use a regular laundry bag. Put the items on the bottom and put the laundry bag on top. No one would think of going through dirty laundry to look for something. I like the black plastic trash bags. When there is nothing in the hamper you cannot tell there is something in the bottom. That is where I keep my passport and some other items. A small fireproof box will also fit in the bottom. If you have a work bench in the basement it would be easy to built a hidden compartment below the work surface. Hinge a face board for the front and put storage draws behind it. A detached or semi-detached garage will also work for hiding items. People would think you are just working on your car or lawnmower or at workbench.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”