Thread: Personal Safety
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 06:50 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Luckily, we cardboard collectors are not as obvious as targets as those who may collect more liquid items. Most thieves look for items they can convert to easy cash like electronics and silverware.

I'm not saying the risk of having high-dollar cards on site is non-existent. I just feel that common sense precautions are 'usually' enough.

I keep my high-dollar cards in fire-proof safes covered from view. While Leon uses his safe deposit box to hold his, I prefer to keep mine closer. Of course, I live in a gated community and am not a well-known collector.

I do have images of some of my favorite cards on this forum, so I don't have to expose those cards very often.

Like Leon, however, I do like to get them out and 'play with them' occasionally and feel like that is an essential part of ownership.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente