Thread: Personal Safety
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 06:10 AM
Kev1n @1les

Default Personal Safety

I woke up very early this morning after not being able to sleep. As I have ventured back into collecting for the past 5.5 years, the purchases have added up over time.

I live in a pretty nice neighborhood. The average income is probably 3x-5x the national average and the homes are commensurate to this income level. We have occasional teenage vandals, but no issues with theft or break-ins.

While I have enjoyed my collecting journey and do not want it to end, I also do not want to put my family at risk.

At the same time, if I would have to keep the collection off site, that would be a bummer as well. The joy that i receive my from my collection is looking at it, touching it, smelling it, showing it to friends. I am basically a 10 year old kid and these were the cards that I looked at in the display cases and was told to move my hands so that I didn't get fingerprints on them. If I can't enjoy them, then my collection is no better than another part of my investment portfolio that sits at another location as well.

I am not sure why this suddenly overwhelmed me this morning. I am obviously being vague with storage details, but I would love any feedback (in terms you can explain or PM) that helps you to alleviate any concerns so that you are able to feel safe while still enjoying your collection.

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set

Last edited by kailes2872; 04-22-2018 at 07:23 AM.