View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 02:08 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
I am a 2nd Amendment man, and last Christmas asked my now-fiancee for a fireproof safe for guns and other important documents. With guns, there is the issue of rust when it comes to storing them in a safe, so most people get a dehumidfier for the inside.

I got a second safe (identical) this Christmas for my cards, and was wondering if anyone else stored their more valuable cards in a fireproof safe. If so, do you use anything to keep moisture out? Does moisture in a safe even have an effect on cards?

I have used a 32-gun fire safe for my cards for 5-6 years. The safe is in a temperature regulated area of my home. The cards in this safe are all graded and I have never seen any signs of any moisture in the safe, on the cards, etc. I have a second fire safe (non-gun) which I have used for 15+ years for my raw cards and have never seen any signs of moisture in the safe, on the cards, etc.

Upon the expansion of my collection, I opted for the gun safe, because as far as space, I got the most "bang" for my buck.