View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 07:58 PM
Bill Boyd

Andrew,
Going through the VanOyen inventory list, there are many unknown players with these photos. It was apparent, VanOyen did not mark all his photos with the players names. After his passing, depending on who handled these photos for listing them in this index, they may not have recognized Lajoie.
So to be on the safe side, I want to send you two other possibilities. The first is in folder #2204, which lists the following.

Unidentified baseball player, Cleveland
Unidentified baseball player, Cleveland, n.d.
Unidentified baseball player, holding a bat, posing for camera.

The second one in Folder #2206 states;

Unidentified baseball player, n.d.
Unidentified baseball player, n.d.
Unidentified baseball player, holding a bat, posing for camera

There is no year for either photo. The first one does sound interesting. It may not help in for what information you are looking for, but who knows.

I noticed that Getty images also has the same photo, just to let you know, many of the VanOyen photos in the VanOyen collection, the image is owned by Getty. Getty bought out all the photos from the Cleveland Press when they folded, but for some reason, many of the images owned by Getty ended up in the WRHS.

I hope this helps, good luck.