View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 09:15 AM
Andrew Hunt00n

I have a couple to share. The 1960 Topps Koufax was my first real vintage card buy when I around 8 or 9 back in the mid-80s. It was at a local flea market that had a card dealer. I'd buy boxes of 80s junk wax and one day picked up this baby.

The T206 Hannifan was not only my first T206, but it was my first prewar card and my first Jersey City card that started that collection. Back in the 80s when I picked up that Koufax, what I really wanted more than anything was tobacco cards. Specifically T206s. I knew about the Wagner and thought those cards were so awesome. But I thought they were so rare, where would a kid ever find them to purchase and they must have cost a ton. Of course, I was wrong, but never knew it at the time. I could've been collecting prewar as a kid, like I wanted to, and would have been able to pick up T206 HOFers for a few dollars. When I got older and found that out, I was so upset that I never knew it back them and I missed out on all those wonderful tobacco cards.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1960 Topps Koufax.jpg (64.0 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg T206 Hannifan.jpg (8.0 KB, 98 views)

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here