View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Default Wagner HBO Real Sports...what do you think?

Posted By: Chris

I agree with that totally! I watched that and came up with a few things of my own:
-The most interesting thing was when they replayed when Copperfield tearing up Gretzky's Wagner. I saw that when it was originally broadcasted years ago, but when I saw it last night I saw that the card he tore up was an easy fake! I guess it isn't rocket science that he didn't tear up an original Wagner, but I thought it was neat that he actually tore up a fake that had an enormous white border. It wasnt even close.

-Also, I really think the sellers actually believe that the card is real. They are very ignorant, but they are not scammers.

-The odd thing was the fact that the printer guys thought that the paper was from the early 1900s. I know the card is a fake, but what the heck were those guys smoking?? The only thing that would make sense would be that they attached an original back.

-The reporter that was interviewing everyone was a moron. He said the card would still be worth money as a reprint, but didt't say how much... It would be worth five bucks at best.

-I like Real Sports... problem is, when they do a story on something like cards... stuff we really know about, we can see right through the story. I wonder how many times we watch skits that we aren't that familiar with and they are just as poorly done. We wouldnt even know it!