View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Default MastroNet Lot Misrepresentation – Results of a Discussion with Doug Allen

Posted By: davidcycleback

Daniel, I agree that your theory is plausable-- that they removed some items for another lot and forgot to clean up the details in the first description. I've consigned items to Mastro where they spread out the items over different auctions.

This is an intersting case, as the title gives the correct number of items. Obviously, if the title said 85 there would be little debate and what the bidder is owned. In this case and using my autoraph analogy (as I'm ignorant over non-sport card art), there's a difference between 14 missing Phil Garners and 14 missing Mickey Mantles-- especially when the bidder read the number of Mantles and was reasonably expecting to receive those. Most would agree that almost any bidder would caluclate his winning bid at least in part on the Mantles described in the catalog-- whether or not there was discrpency number of total items in the lot ... To use the 1952 Topps set analogy, the winning bidder might not care if a couple of common players are missing but will defintaly care if the Mantle or Mays is missing.