View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Default MastroNet Lot Misrepresentation – Results of a Discussion with Doug Allen

Posted By: E, Daniel

What I would be concerned about is the possibility the consignor meant for the full lot to be sold, and thus all cards were listed. Then after the fact, Mastro realized that the 'important' 14 were in the grouping and that they would realize a higher price if simply listed seperately (or in a later auction) as they do with a lot of collections consigned to them. They break them up into the pieces they think will sell best, and go from there.
If they only realized after the description had already been prepared - but pre-auction start, they then just backtracked and re-wrote the title to mention 71 cards, but forgot to go in and fix the cards actually listed in the actual description. My guess anyway. If this were the case and those 14 cards existed originally to be sold as a unit, I think Mark should receive them. If it were a 61' Caddy, with pictures and history and full description of what's original and not - especially where that description fully establishes the car to be a 61', and the auction listing incorrectly listed it as a 62' - you should still get the car being auctioned and described, and not a materially different animal - regardless of the listing blunder.
It's what you bid and paid for, IMO.

Daniel