View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Default Set collecting and you.

Posted By: Bob

Patrick- I generally tend to collect sets when I have purchased a card or two in that series and decide whether or not I really like them and whether the cost is prohibitive. I am working on a couple of sets that meet that description, the D311 and 1911 Zeenut sets, knowing that I most likely will never complete the first and probably will never complete the second, although I am getting closer. The sets like T206 I consider complete (in my mind) when I have them all with exception of cost-prohibitive cards. For instance my T206 set lacks the Big 4 and my T205 set has all variations except the Hoblitzell no stats (have the other 3 Hobbys).
There are some sets I collect which I know if I were wealthy I could fairly easily complete like the E90-1 (missing Jackson) and the M116 (missing Wood and the pastel Wagner) plus the two aforementioned sets, but then there are those sets like the 1911 Zeenuts where a Bohen just doesn't exist right now on the market at any cost and the D311s I need which aren't around at any cost.
I get a little fixated on completing sets (duh!) but on the other hand I have grown to appreciate what I have and just enjoy the 60% of the D311s I do have. Kind of the glass half full theory. It's hard, but I try
Bob