View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 03:21 PM

Default 3000 hit tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
I started collecting 3000 hit tickets/stubs a little over a year ago. I have every one (working backwards) from biggio to Rose (Brock was the hardest for me so far). Next up would be Kaline from 9/24/74 and after that Clemente. I had intended to wait till Jeter and maybe Pudge (outside shot) get 3000 hits and then make a display, but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how hard the other tickets would be. I have not seen a Kaline but assume there are some out there. I've heard Clemente is hard, and know nothing about the other ones. Is there some point where they get too hard or too pricey to find (I know pricey is in the eye of the beholder, but for me this is a fun side project and too much money would be funds lost towards autographs that I need/want).
Hi Mike,
Both the Clemente and Kaline 3000th are somewhat difficult. Of the two I have seen more examples of the Clemente 3000th hit ticket through the years and very few of the Kaline. I think that I have personally only seen one or two of the Kaline in my 37 years of collecting baseball tickets, but perhaps 15+ of the Clemente to put it in perspective. Expect to pay approximately $1200+ for the Clemente and the same or more for the Kaline. The prices of these earlier 3000th hit tickets appears to be on the rise due to the number of people collecting this theme. Even though I am not a fan of PSA grading, this is driving the price north as people are attempting to complete PSA graded vertical sets including the 3000 hit theme.
I hope this helps!