Thread: T207 Anonymous
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 06:39 PM
Mike

Default T207 - Red Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidonCollects View Post
Thanks for the input!

However, I still believe that L&M issued all T207, that's why I don't think Sweet Caporal and Sovereign cannot be the #25's.

[...]

I'm not 100% sure if these went to L&M.

Broad Leaf
Cycle
Old Mill
Red Cross

Your Factory #25 Recruit theory sounds plausible, as does any of the above brands.

-Owen
I believe Red Cross was a P. Lorillard brand before being assimilated by the trust - if I recall, it went back to the company as part of the dissolution, and not to L&M. There may also be some question about the Napoleon brand, but my memory is foggy and my research was on a computer that died an untimely death...

Whether much (or any) of the T207 stuff was in some stage of concept/early production before the breakup is a topic that hasn't been discussed much, but if you've ever been through a large company breakup or acquisition you know that it doesn't happen overnight ... these days it can take years.

For a basic argument against that, see Tim N's article on T207 in various VCBC issues, specifically the detective work on those cards where the back text can be tied to specific timing based on actual 1912 season happenings. We know they must have been developing material well into the 1912 season...

-- Mike