View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 07:52 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
I was an early adopter of the catalog opt-out function, but have recently realized that the only auctions I have even bid in are the ones that sent me a physical catalog. I am being so bombarded by AH emails all the time that my brain seems to not even process them anymore. The only auctions that are cutting through the noise (for me anyway) are the ones sending me paper catalogs that I can hold and flip through.

Anyone else finding themselves in the same boat?
I'd prefer one email when an auction preview opens, I love looking at the new offerings and figuring out how bad I want a certain card(s), a way to afford it, and how it fits in my collection. All I need is one email, if it's something I want it goes on my spreadsheet. The beauty of so many offerings overlapping each other is that you can change tactics as lots become too expensive or I think to myself "do I really need that card in my collection?". The mental process really works for me and I usually end up with the card that's supposed to be in my collection. I've looked at hundreds of T296 portraits before finding the one that fits for me at an affordable price. It's what I love about this hobby.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-