View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 05:26 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
I like that idea! You could also hot-glue the tacks to the rigid holder.

One thought on thin holders...some are clear; some are cloudy. I hate the cloudy ones. They might be OK for storage, but not for display, The cloudy ones really dull the colors (which my pics may or may not show).

I only use rigid holders on badly deteriorating pennants. The cinderella Boys shown is riddled with moth holes. I had to put it in a thin holder to even get it into the rigid one.
To get very soft pennants into a rigid holder, I put the pennant on top of one rigid holder, slide them both into another rigid holder as far as they will go, then pull the first rigid holder out from under the pennant and out of the other holder, which leaves the pennant almost all the way in. I then tap the tip gently on the floor to get the pennant the rest of the way into the holder. I've never tried this with a soft holder as the "carrier," but that might work, too. To display on my walls, I use an inch or so of the heavy-duty double-sided tape available at Staples on three points of the back of the rigid holder, then place the pennant where I want it on the wall and press hard on the spots where I can feel tape bulging from the other side. I've had pennants in place for 15 years so far still with the original tape.