View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Default Ghost image on E91-C?

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

I have some E91-Cs laying around, and I got to looking at them tonight, as I'm doing a little downsizing.

Anyway, in looking at this particular card, I found something interesting. Initially I had thought that the card suffered from poor print registration. However, upon closer inspection that does not appear to be the case. I've looked at the scans of the other E91-Cs and Bs I've owned, and haven't seen anything like this.

If you look at the word "Pittsburg" on the jersey, the printing is very sharp. Similarly, if you look at the detail on the sleeves and the printing of the type at the bottom of the card, there are no blemishes.

Yet when you look to the upper left of the player, you can clearly see that the blue/gray seems to have shifted a few millimeters. All the detail, right down to the dots of color, appear to be transposed just a tiny bit. But if you look really closely, the dots do not have the same consistency as the dot pattern on the rest of the card. It looks almost like a ghost image on a T206.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this on an E91 before? Is there an explanation for it? Ordinarily I would think "poor registration", but the sharpness of the rest of the image is giving me second thoughts.

Ideas?