View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 04:30 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Cooperstown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchillo View Post
It's at the VFW which is on the opposite side of the street from the actual hall. It is actually really close to the hall. If the temps are high it gets hot in there. There is very little room to navigate which can be a pain. Last year guys were willing to wheel and deal and I picked up some 50's Hall of Fame cards for what I'd call eBay prices. Last year temps were mild so it was pretty good. Looks like the show is Fri/Sat from a google search. There is also a live auction there. I think I went one year with my ex-wife. Now that I go with my buddies we drink way too much to even think about going to a live auction. I want to say that is Saturday evening but I'm not 100% certain. I haven't gone to that in 15 years I think.

When we are talking show there may be 20 dealers or so. Don't expect 100 dealers at the show. I know TedZ has setup there. He probably can give better info than me.

Sports Card Show
VFW Show
60 Main Street
Cooperstown, NY 13326​

Admission: FREE
Time: Fri: 11AM - 6PM / Sat: 10AM-5PM
2018 Show Dates
TBA

Hi Stephen

I would say that you described the VFW BB card show quite well. I have been setting up at this show since the early 1980's. It has always been a great BB card and memorabilia show.
Over the years, some really outstanding "walk-ins" have come into this show. I missed this show for the 1st time last year, because the National coincided with the Cooperstown show.
I'll not be setting up this year, also.

As you noted, when the show gets pretty crowded, it's difficult to move around in the small showroom. I recommend attending the show (either Friday or Saturday) between the hours
of 1PM - 4 PM. That time period is usually not as crowded as it is in the morning or late afternoon. The Auction usually starts about 6 (or 7) PM on Saturday nite.

Say hello to Don and Bill......the promoters of this fine Show for 39 years in Cooperstown.

TED Z

T206 Reference