Thread: SCD article
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 08:09 PM
Howard Chasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post

And I'll say it-- as I've said it many times before-- the grading systems and registry system are intellectually dishonest ('intellectual honesty' and 'intellectual dishonesty' are big words with me) and long have been. Anyone with mathematical, scientific or statistics background, or even basic logic and common sense, would see the gaping holes and logical/mathematical nonsense in the registry numerical system. The registry is fine as an ilde game or a fun website for posting your collection, and if collectors use it as that that's fine by me, but that hobby pricing is in part based on it and the hobby takes the numerical rankings seriously is nonsensical.
I haven't mentioned it in a while, but completely agree with you David!! I have a couple of registry sets - and have studied the Roberto Clemente master set very closely. No clear logic to the weighting. I have actually pointed out a number of weighting inconsistencies which PSA did change - so many more if it weren't so serious it would be funny.