View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 04:35 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Great info and thanks for helping.,
The W575-1s in my collection aren't really paper thin. They aren't as thick as E121 but they aren't thin like T213-1 either. That is the way all of them I have handled have been..
Thanks Leon, I assumed they weren't paper thin, just never had a chance to hold a raw version of both in hand at the same to to really compare. What I've always felt/seen was that the W575-1s were more likely than not to be hand cut or trimmed when you see them, while an authentic Koester Bread card would normally be the listed dimensions of about 2" X 3-1/4". Listed as a "W" card, the W575-1s are considered "strip" cards but, not really sure if they came in strips/sheets for people to cut up. If so, that would definitely make sense for all the badly cut trimmed ones you normally see.

In the OP's case, he's just fortunate to have had the Mays spelling error card in the trio he acquired. Since Koester specifically only chose the Giant/Yankee players to be on the cards they distributed, you assume they would have paid attention to which cards they selected to give away, and obviously not made the mistake of handing out Mays cards with his last name misspelled. Without that Mays error card, it would not be so easy to determine if his cards were W575-1s or Koester Bread cards otherwise.