View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmh71 View Post
PSA & JSA should pass on authenticating anything already in a frame. It appears that the desire to not tamper with the frame caused them to miss on the laser prints.

And they offered their opinion on the other two autos, which is what they were paid to do.
What??
Where does it say in that story that all the items were in a frame??
Maybe I missed that part??
The Mantle-DiMaggio was not in a frame. The Harry Truman was not in a frame. The Bryant and Favre signatures were not in frames. The Favre came from Favre's own company and the alphabet guys turned it down. The Bryant came from UD and the alphabet guys turned it down.

I had thought, incorrectly it seems, that PSA and JSA did not authenticate framed items.
As far as I am concerned an authenticator should never examine a framed item. I have always insisted that the client remove the item from the frame before submitting it to me.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow