View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 01:48 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt39 View Post
Thanks for the info! Do you mind sharing where you found it? I'd love to see a box score or something to do a little more digging.
On the one ball, I saw the April 25, 1992 and FSU so I had a hunch it was a ball played against Florida State. So I went to Florida State's baseball site and pulled up a media guide to see if it said who they played on that date and it said Miami (FL). I then looked at the other baseball and best guessed from the picture that the date was 5/1/92 and noticed it said Texas at the bottom, which was a part of the SWC back then so it made sense. So I went to Texas' baseball web site and pulled up their media guide and saw they played Miami (FL) on that date so bingo, we have a common opponent meaning that's 99.9% sure where the balls came from. Unfortunately, you're going to have to contact Miami (FL)'s Athletics Communication's office to try and get a box score from each of those games and I am not sure they're going to have one still. I went to Wikipedia to look up how Miami Hurricanes baseball did in 1992 when I noticed it was Fraser's last season after 30 years. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Hurricanes_baseball). Hope that helps!

Matt

Last edited by mschwade; 08-22-2011 at 01:49 PM.