View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregMitch34 View Post
Sorry for basic question but can they award lower grade or say "not authentic"? If they do, do they change flip or just advise you....I know with cross overs you can say "same grade or higher" but is this true with reviews?
Hi Greg,

I believe they reserve the right to do this...but if they do, they are effectively saying "we made a mistake that has cost you money" - ie. the "guarantee"...my understanding is that on any downgrade from one of their own holders, they either pay you the difference between the grades in cash, or offer you grading services of equal value, if you use grading services enough to make that worthwhile.

(BTW, I personally have never submitted for review at either SGC or PSA, but I have many cards that I bought before the latest half-grade scales that are definitely high-end for the grade. Sometime when I get the initiative, I'll submit a batch seeking at least 1/2 grade bumps. As others have said, these should be easier to get that a review of a recently-graded card, since the grader is not admitting a mistake...just using a more detailed grading scale now.)

Cheers,
Blair

Last edited by Bosox Blair; 06-17-2014 at 01:06 PM.