View Single Post
Old 10-23-2023, 10:53 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Again, why would it not be? Retiring a number has nothing to do with stats. It's fan service and something that is typical reserved for the most beloved players a franchise has ever had. There is no magic number for having your number retired. Nobody cares what your batting average was.

You brought up Pettitte like he informed the conversation, but he doesn't. Because unlike A-rod, Pettitte is someone fans loved.
I don’t choose the arguments other people make. I didn’t choose the canard of an argument that Pettitte is an all-time team Yankee and A-Rod isn’t. I didn’t choose the complete fiction that it’s about PED’s. Surely you can understand that Pettitte is the proof the original claim of the thread is untrue. PED scandal is not the line keeping him out, because they put in a worse player with PED scandals. No shit Pettitte informs that argument, because he’s the proof it’s false. I said from the get go media and fan narratives independent of fairness or fact is what it’s about. You seem to believe the same thing.