View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 08:33 PM
J1m C0chran

Default Babe Ruth All Americans Card/Photo Found

Hey Guys,

My friend was recently looking through some old stuff, and came upon a Babe Ruth photo/card. I quickly googled it and found an old auction selling a card using the same image.

From Coach's Corner Sports Auctions LLC:
"This RARE card showing Babe Ruth in his Red All-Americans Baseball Team Jacket was put out to celebrate his playing in Japan, and what he wore to the so called conference in 1934 to heal relations between Japan and USA. This was the tour from 1934 and this card has a facsimile signature of Babe Ruth under the photo of him, has a blank back, and is in EX+ condition. There were not many of these Babe Ruth (All-American) cards made to commemorate this Special moment in American Baseball and Babe Ruth's Legend, and valued at $750."

So, the questions I have for the experts: If this is actually on photo paper, as opposed to card stock, could this be the photo used to create the card? Could the signature be real? You can see that the signature is shifted and formed ever so slightly different compared to the card in the auction.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Babe Ruth All_american Lonsky 512.jpg (29.3 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg Babe Ruth All_american Stock Photo.jpg (43.2 KB, 167 views)