View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Default Babe Ruth 1930's Advertisement Help

Posted By: chris

All, including Aaron:
I really do not want to spend too much time on a response at your (Aaron) statement, but I do feel obligated due to the one positive and constructive comment/suggestion you did make. That of asking for emails from the auctions houses, which I did...

He forwared me two responses from major auction houses, both of which seem legit. In their statements, they mentioned a price range in response to his question, with one saying it looks real from the scan but they have to see it in person to verify.

I am sure you understand that from earlier posts on this thread, the scale tips in favor of a replica on this piece. I know that, but still feel it is worth a shot at exploring further, yet being realistic at the same time. Believe me, I will not be crying if found to be a replica...it really is not that big of a deal.

After I've received and forwarded to another source, I will then comment on their response to the piece. I want to say thank you again, and I've enjoyed the comments and help so far.

One other comment for Aaron: Where did I say that I was going to get the piece of ten cents on the dollar? He is not looking to sell for nothing, he does want fair dollar for it so long as it checks out.