View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 02:11 PM
J0n Fu.ld

Default A Word about 40K Bats - Babe Ruth , Ty Cobb, etc.

I do not think collectors and dealers fully understand 40K bats.

It is my understanding that 40k and 125 model bats are identifiable as "pro model" to the same extent as each another.

It is my understanding that different model 40k cork-grip bats were made for stores - such as the 40BR and ones with inch marks and other store model characteristics - same as for 125 model bats.

It is my understanding that a Babe Ruth signature model 125 (without inch marks, etc.) was either made for (i) Babe Ruth - or (ii) another major or minor leaguer. Similarly, a Babe Ruth signature model 40K (without inch marks, etc.) was either made for (i) Babe Ruth, or (ii) another major or minor league player.

Based on the above, the values for a pro model Babe Ruth 40k and a pro model Babe Ruth 125 model should not be different. It makes ZERO sense. If both a 40K and a 125 are to Ruth's specifications (weight and length, etc.), they each have an equal chance of having been used by him.

When you buy a bat, you are essentially buying a bat with a PERCENTAGE CHANCE of having been used by the player.

So long as a player's ordering records or photos, etc. show use of a 40k model, we should not be attributing a different percentage chance of having used the bat in a game to model 40k than we would to a model 125, when 40k and 125 model bats are identifiable as "pro model" to the same extent as each another.

This is my understanding; happy to receive additional information.

Last edited by BigJJ; 05-15-2012 at 06:06 AM.