Thread: Bat Relic Cards
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 08:19 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfhofer View Post
Of course no museum will display every holding. No one here is suggesting they should. I also agree that a Tony Lazzeri bat is not a 'national treasure'. But I guarantee the museum wouldn't sell a Lazzeri bat to be chopped up by a card company either.

I don't blame card companies for meeting a market demand. There is a thirst for relic cards so they quench it. They have no obligation to the hobby. But if we feel that destroying artifacts is wrong than we need to take a hard look in the mirror at who is really causing this problem.
I am with you on the destroying artifacts. The card companies created a niche and thus created market demand to sell more of their products. They have the money so they buy the items. Unfortunately, in this case, those who have the money make the rules.

When my Olympic group had space at the National a number of years ago I was approached by someone from Panini about purchasing autographs for their signature cards. I never followed through because I did not want them cutting up photos and other items to create the cards.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”