View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 12:20 PM
David G0ld

Default FAKE packs and an FBI Fraud Investigation: What would YOU do?

I find myself in between a rock and a hard place (PSA and StarPaxMax) and I face some moral and ethical questions:

1) PSA found someone who they claim was submitting fake packs
2) He was a very well respected unopen expert on their boards ID: StarPaxMan and they have banned him. He is known as pepis on this forum.
3) They had authenticated and graded about 200 of his packs before someone turned the person into PSA
4) PSA then turned the case over to the FBI and there is an ongoing investigation.
5) Steve Hart, PSA's pack authenticator, told me that the person beat him (IMO - No one is perfect! It takes an honorable person to admit to being beat)
6) PSA's pack authenticator says some of the 200+/- packs are fake but does not know how many or which ones
7) PSA/FBI still have about 100 additional packs in their possession. The submissions that were there when the person was turned in.
8) PSA's pack authenticator gave me the list of packs the person had authenticated. I do not know nor did the authenticator tell me which are real or fake.
9) I verified that some of my better packs are on that list. There are some high profile packs on the list.
10) A friend of mine has a pack on the list.
11) I unknowingly sold several packs on the list a while ago.
12) I want to get out of this part of the hobby now. It is too dirty for me.
13) I called some higher ups at PSA looking for assistance and guidance and was treated like crap and given no help.
14) My entire user profile including thread posts and PM's has now been deleted from PSA's forums. I had a lot of information pertaining to this in my PM's
15) Steve Hart is the only one remotely associated with PSA that gave me the time of day. I appreciate his assistance and cooperation.
16) Steve Hart from PSA feels like I should ask the person for my money back or I should just sell the packs since no one knows for sure whats real or fake
17) One of the packs on the list is on Ebay right now!

Questions for the board:
A) Is it morally ok for me to sell the packs on the list?
B) How would you feel if you saw a pack you owned on the list?
C) Should I disclose to my friend that he could have a fake pack even though I told Steve Hart I would not share the list with anyone
D) Should I contact the consigner of the packs I sold and let him know he may have passed on fake packs
E) I have the entire list of possible bad packs. Should I post them so people can view it or keep it a secret because I told Steve Hart I would not share the list with anyone.*
F) Should I at least expose the pack I see on ebay right now?* Even though it may be real?

Last edited by DavidG1966; 01-23-2013 at 01:01 PM.