Thread: Hofstra show
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 10:17 AM

Default Here here.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
It is your God given right as a human being to gripe. That said, be glad you don't live near Dallas where it has been a tough go for vintage card shows. There is Tri-Star in Houston but not anything like that, especially for vintage, in the North Texas area. We have some nice, smaller, local shows but they are usually 90%+ newer shiney stuff, and that is IF I set up. If I don't set up, that percentage goes to about 97.4% for the newer stuff...

Well said. If I was so unhappy after attending a baseball card show I would find a new hobby.

I went to Hofstra and had a great time. I had dinner with a group of friends and bought quite abit of stuff at the show. 1926 Ruth exhibit, 1933 goudey Ruth, t206 red Cobb, t206 Dahlen brown Hindu, Jim Brown rookie, circa 1910 cubs real photo postcard, domino disc complete set, 48 leaf satchel Paige, 48 leaf Jackie Robinson, Ruth, Musial, DiMaggio, and made a contact to buy some Ruth and Gehrig cards at the Boston show.

Also met a group of people from Australia at the hotel bar. Had lots of laughs over a few drinks.

None of these cards are for sale.

Last edited by bigfish; 10-26-2017 at 10:21 AM.