View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 09:51 AM
Bruce Esser

With the wagon it is logical to assume the team was located in a town with a meat packing/stockyards and a Morris & Company packing plant.
Options:
Chicago: Very large Morris presence but I don't know of any pro level teams called the Packers. Still could be a semi-pro/company team.
Kansas City: Morris had a large presence here. They got in via a shell company located in Boston then caught the other two major companies by surprise. The Kansas City Packers are an option.
Sioux City: Primarily a Armour town, but Morris had a plant here for a while. Western league team called the Packers. They changed nicknames many times. 1905-07(Packers), 1908-09 (Soos) 1910-13(Packers) 1914-1919(Indians) and 1920-23(Packers).
Omaha: Swift, Armour and Morris all had large presence. Local Western League team was not called the Packers until 1930. Omaha South high school was/is called the Packers. Some in the photo look young enough to be high school but not all.
East St. Louis: Large Morris presence but I don't know of any Packers baseball teams in that area.
There are a few others where Morris had a presence but I can find no baseball connection.

Can you make out the logo on the hat?

http://www.nebaseballhistory.com/

Last edited by tachyonbb; 10-07-2017 at 02:59 PM.