Thread: Mantle Reality
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 09:53 AM
Todd Jenkins

I was born in 1963 and never got to see Mantle play in person (I just missed him). He was my Dad's favorite player so I can vaguely remember him playing on TV. I attended my first actual MLB game Saturday May 24th at the Old Metropolitan Stadium in Minneapolis when the Twins beat the Yankees (2-1). Even though I was only 6 years old I do remember most of the game. Their was lots of chatter about Mickey Mantle retiring during spring training because he said he couldn't hit anymore. I remember my Dad talking about it. His replacement I believe was Bobby Murcer, he got two hits that day. Harmon Killebrew was my favorite player and he got one hit in the game. Jim Kaat on the other hand pitched what I thought was a sensational game. He quickly became my favorite pitcher.

[https://www.flickr.com/photos/187700522@N03/

Recent positve trades with: Brian Van Horn, frank bmd, nkesterke09, ajg, esehombre, mrmantlecollector, KC Doughboy, gregr2,bn2cardz, sycks22

Last edited by tjenkins; 06-13-2018 at 10:03 AM.