View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Default Survey: Most overated pitcher (pre-1930)

Posted By: steve k

I was looking forward to this thread when I opened it and instead it gets hijacked by the same old Sandy Koufax and Nolan Ryan bashers. Why don’t you start a new thread instead of hijacking what could have been a very interesting thread. It’s the same old diatribes. What the he** else do you want a pitcher to do that Koufax and Ryan didn’t do? Well go ahead…here’s your chance. I’ll repeat the question. What the he** else would you want a pitcher to do that they didn’t do? Let’s see if you can answer this question in an intelligent way without distorting or twisting the facts. These guys were dominant, threw no hitters, received Cy Youngs, won pennants, hold records, etc., etc., etc. I already know what you’re probably going to do. You are going to nitpick their records to death. You’ll say, "Ohhh, but Sandy didn’t have many lifetime wins and Nolan didn’t have a great lifetime win percentage." When are you going to learn that you shouldn’t compare lifetime stats of pitchers in the same way as hitters, as far as determining greatness. These guys were great pitchers and your personal vendettas against them isn’t going to change that.