View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 11:44 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
What do you like? Are you a set collector? Single players? Favorite Player? Favorite decade? B&W or Color? What kind of budget? Do you like the hunt or just want to buy whenever you have money? Standard size or oversized cards?
There are tons of options and no one can really give you a good recommendation without knowing what appeals to you. Personally, I'm a big fan of the E92 family of sets. A bit tougher than T206, but still manageable to complete a set and enough variations if you want to keep things interesting.
That's the problem...definitely not a set collector - my theme more or less for the past 3 decades has been 50's and 60's HOFers. I don't like the hunt so much, normally just buy when I have the money at my disposal. Doing the big names pre-war is likely going to be a slow exercise in frustration for me; this is why I have always abandoned pre-war before. I would occasionally spend big money on a card, then later realize how futile the effort would be to get any sizeable number more. I think that a type-set or doing examples of different players from different sets may be the one thing I could get into and not break the bank. But still not sure if it is a dive I want to take.