View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 04:15 PM

Here is the information I posted a couple years ago on another forum. The "real names" are retained only for the reason that at the time, an Ebay seller had appeared on ebay selling the same types of these plates as a previous one, and it had turned out these people had different names but were in the same town. This was not to say that there were any complaints about the plates themselves or of the sellers. It was just an interesting discovery.

Quote:
They show up in bunches, usually meaning one set at a time. The full set is not available and the cards are not all star players either. Both front and back plates have been known to appear during these flaps.

Sets of auctions I won from this seller

(nyccardvault)
1998 Pacific: July 2014
2003 Pacific: March 2014
2004 Pacific: November 2013
2001 Pacific: October 2013

Sets of auctions I won from another (gbahead)
1998 Pacific Omega: February 2010
1999 Dynagon Ice: January 2010
2001 Vanguard: September 2008

gbahead is aka Kevin Cheng from Forest Hills/Flushing NY.
nyccardvault is aka Law Kin is from Forest Hills, NY.

All the above information I got from my saved emails.
The sets listed are for hockey. To my recollection, gbahead only sold hockey plates. Nyccardvault had hockey, football and Babe Ruth Conlon plates. Also perhaps others like I mentioned, but I was not really tracking what they had.

EDIT: I put "real names" in quotes because these were the names shown on the paypal/ebay emails. Since there is no identity verification on Paypal, and both sellers were from the same town, it cannot be confirmed if these are truly their real names. They may well be correct, but history has shown that ebay sellers often do sometimes use fake names or aliases.

Last edited by Tripredacus; 04-14-2017 at 04:17 PM.