View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 12:38 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
First off, congrats!!! That's quite an accomplishment when you achieve your collecting goal. I won't be able to ever lol.

As for what now, maybe start slowly upgrading to better condition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes- Congratulations!

Upgrading is a good option for your next goal...and the great thing about that is that you already have the card, so you can pass unless the price is just right.

I completed Topps 1954-1980 last year and then decided to sell all but 1954-56 - so that's an option as well.

I wished I had done as you did and purchased the sets, but I pieced them together card by card...which, I guess is a little more of an accomplishment (in a way), but much, much more expensive.

I took a big loss on my sale, but the amount was still plenty enough for me to finance a new direction for my collection with a bunch left over.

This worked for me, but honestly, I did not take the time to cherish what I had accomplished - and it helps to have a big coffee-table book that shows all those cards - which is exactly how the process started in the first place.

I guess I should donate the book before all this fun happens again. LOL

Again, Congratulations - Savor the moment!
-Raymond

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente