View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Default REA Catalog Just Arrived

Posted By: T206Collector

...that condition is no contest. But I was most certainly not purchasing the holder or the grade. I was purchasing the cheapest Plank available at that time -- and I do not think they will be getting any cheaper.

And, now that a PSA 1 has sold for over $20K, I also believe that the entry point for low grade Planks, even beaters, will be $20K. Who knows when another one will become available?

The same phenomena is occuring with Magies. The last couple of beaters on ebay have each gone over $5K, and are on their way up. Last year they were in the low $4K's.

Just my opinion, and again, it is self-serving.

edited to add that if I had gotten involved in the REA PSA 1, then the bidding would have been over $20K, and I was not interested in spending over $20K on a Plank, even if it was a "better deal." Heck, I think the SGC 30 that sold for over $30K is a great deal, too!

ALSO.... I believe SGC 50/PSA 4 cards are better deals at $40-$60 than beaters at $20. But if you're trying to buy the cheapest T206 cards, then you will not be purchasing many SGC 50/PSA 4's...