View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 07:58 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
Is Brett a jerk? What was your experience with him?
While he was a player he was a bit gruff and we all knew that so usually left him alone at the hotel. Around 1994 or 1995 I was at the SGMA sporting goods convention with a friend. Called the 'Supershow' it was known for all of the big name athletes that would appear in the booths to sign autographs (Nike, Champion, Spalding etc. etc.). It was for all of the sporting goods stores, distributors and such to see all of the new products. My friend owned a sneaker store and asked me if I wanted to come down with him and get autographs while he conducted business. He also told me that anyone could show up so bring a variety of items. I brought a bunch of Sports Illustrated covers that I had, just the covers not magazines. I was walking down the hall and saw George Brett, Ken Brett and another person walking by. I had one of his covers so I pulled it out and asked if he could sign it. I always say 'Exchuse me, Mr. or Miss...', never first name and ask if they would mind. He took it said 'He will probably cry if I don't sign it" thought for a minute and then signed it. I appreciated that he signed it, but the comment was unnecessary.

I have met several ex-presidents, hundreds of musicians, thousands of athletes and countless authors and others of note. I even had Reggie Jackson sign for me without asking him for an autograph. If you wish to sign that is great. If not, I respect that also. Just don't make an a-hole comment. Totally uncalled for.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”