View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 08:20 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhenItWasAHobby View Post
These are good questions and it's very disturbing that some of these cards were holdered.

There likely several problems. One problem is the statute of limitations since a lot of this happened more than five years ago. The other problem is proving that PSA intentionally graded doctored cards and that will be difficult since that would require someone admitting that bad cards were deliberately graded. PSA's obvious defense will be incompetence.

On the other hand, it would be interesting to see Mastro's submission records to PSA and same goes with some of these consignors who submitted cards to PSA like the Plank PSA 6 that ended up in Mastro Auctions. Obviously these submissions now need to be rigorously scrutinized and the bad cards need to be bought back by PSA.
In my tiny bit of knowledge of law the Statute of Limitations, for many or most things, doesn't seem to start until the issue is known about. So if something happened 10+ yrs ago, but was only recently found out about, then that is when the Statute starts, not when it originally happened. I have never thought PSA did anything knowingly wrong although the PSA 8 Wagner has some stories that might contradict that. And yes, I would certainly agree that PSA needs to fix any mistakes of incompetence of otherwise, as any business does.