View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
he didnt have to say it with his mouth, he says it with his actions. all he has to do is not sign for the professionals with stacks of photos. sign one each for everybody else. if he sees the same people day after day, don't sign for those people. not hard to do. his handler said it all. if jeter was the white knight in shining armor, and word got back to him that his handler treated people like that, i expect jeter to rip into that guy real good for abusing his fans. we all know that isn't going to happen. Jack Dempsey would hang out at Jack Dempsey's restaurant and mingle with the people, his fans who would come for a chance to see him, sign autographs, and have a good old time. He did it for many, many years. What's wrong with Jeter?
You completely are missing the point. We could go on for pages listing guys who are overly accommodating with their fans. If you're going to compare DJ3K to someone, at least compare him to a contemporary and not someone who was in the limelight 20 years before Jeter was born. It's 2013 my man, the days of hanging out in the bars with Jack Dempsey are gone.

I've seen Jeter 5 or 6 times. Every time I've seen him, he's signed. How many times have you seen him? Have you ever? I'm not saying he's a saint because he was cool the times I saw him, I'm saying perspective is a heck of a thing and unless you've seen a person several times over the years then you don't have the full story.