View Single Post
Old 06-04-2002, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Default help please Re: festberg auction

Posted By: steve

Hello, I was referred to this board from someone on the collectors universe board. I've run into a bit of a problem. I recently won a lot in the Festberg auction. Big Mistake! Not only are the cards in the set the most overgraded junk I've come across in 20 years in the hobby, the set was missing the 2 key cards that it was supposed to include. I've left numerous messages via the phone and email over the last week, and have received no reply. If you call his #, all you get is a machine. No one from the company has returned any of my messages. At this point, I feel that the lack of any communication means that I am most likely being ripped off. If that is the case, I'm out about $300 (the value of the 2 key cards missing from the set). My question is does anyone have any experience with this auction house? and from a legal standpoint, what are my options to try to get either the missing cards or the cash equivalent. My experience in the past has always been with auction houses like mastro, superior and others, always without a problem. This was my first and most likely last experience with festberg, and it has been a disaster. Thanks for any input anyone may have.