View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Default Need Population Report on....

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

So Hal and I are unapologetically offensive... I'm ok with that. Good company.

My "need" post was two-fold. In collecting the white border set, I have 512 different, and a few 'extras'. In seeking to get to 520, I used to think I needed 8 more. That's not how to use the word need... I lack 8. I want 8. I don't truly need them.

Secondly, I think folks would be fine if they abandoned these reports. They don't report how many cards of a certain grade are out there, for some cards aren't graded. They don't report how many graded cards are out there, 'cause some cards have been broken out or broken out and regraded. Folks with a really nice Cobb green portrait are more likely to get him graded than someone with Ed Hahn in rough shape. I think the population reports are skewed toward the cards of name players, and skewed toward lower grades (because lower grades have a shot at getting resubmitted or broken out). So I have no need for population reports for really old cards, and absolutely no need for such reports on new cards.

What I "need" is for Florida to lose (sorry Hal) so that Billy D can return to Lexington, Kentucky, this time as head coach. He doesn't have any business being at a football school in the first place. Send him back a little ways north, please sir.