View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Ben, I certainly understand why you would send your photos to Henry. He can tell you if they are real or not. But you are also welcome to post your questions here, and myself and others will be more than happy to help educate you.
Here we go again... You gotta make this thread personal too?? Runscott, I am not going to get in a peeing match over photos with you. Because, quite frankly.. I gotta work and simply, would be no competition( I am pretty sure most everyone in this area of the hobby would agree). I know it is hard for you to see others get into and excel in a sector of the hobby that you once THOUGHT you were relavent in.
The fact is, you never were and surely are not now.

As far as slabbed photos go. There is a place just like in cards as it is very very hard to determine by scans online. The paper, how it responds under a black light, how the photo looks under a loop(picture and paper fibers), the stamps ect cannot be done by a scan.
Those who think they can magically tell, are out of their minds. I will let you think of who that may be.

Now.. one thing Henry Yee has done over countless hours of research is catalog stamps. Which has helped in determining photos online but now crooks are counterfeiting those. This single thing that couldn’t be found doing google searches, was huge. The ones who state they know what they are doing have used his research whether they want to admit it or not.

Do I know everything? No I do not and have made many mistakes(even this year).. but know quite a bit. Have a nice day runscott LESS DRAMA PLEASE

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 12-20-2012 at 09:27 PM.