View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 11:33 AM

Pete, I am very sorry about your Dad. Glad to hear you're able to be with him each day--so important for both of you. Holding his hand, telling him how much you love him, recalling to him special times you two bonded and just things that meant something to you that you did together, and all the things he did for you that come back to your mind.

I say this not as a "know it all"; rather, as what I wish I could have done had I had the chance. My Dad lost his life in an accident when I was a young teen. My Mother lay in a hospital dying from a systemic blood disease two thousand miles away, and I could not go down to be with her. Fortunately, I wrote all those thank-yous in a card to her a year or two before she passed away. I found it among her keepsakes when my family and I went through her things.

I truly apologize to you, sir, if I was one of the ones you did not wish to hear. I know we've had differences of opinion. Life is hard, all the way around. May God carry you both during this difficult time. ---Brian Powell